Sunday, May 17, 2009

Everything under the sun...

I have learned that...

After you stop mowing, your hands don't stop vibrating...

That Kansas rain and a busy husband make for a very interesting time mowing (i.e. 2 ft grass, ok not quite, but it felt like it)...

That humans definitely did NOT evolve from animals, eating grass (insert Kansas wind here) while mowing is not pleasant...



Now onto other topics...

I am having a bit of a hard time today...my brother-in-law Josh leaves tonight (which is morning in Kuwait) on a mission, he could be gone as little as a week or as long as 2 weeks...that is not the problem, I am proud that he chooses time and again to serve and protect the country we all love, but I think that this Great Nation could at the very least make sure our soldiers are provided the very best equipment, vehicles, armor, weapons, etc...to do their job! Josh will be leaving on a mission with a faulty 2-way radio...if for some reason his unit gets into trouble he may or may not have a way to call for help, back up or rescue, whatever the case may be. I hope and pray that he doesn't need to, but you would think THAT would be a priority! I doubt very seriously that our President, what a joke, Obama is enjoying anything less than luxury..ALL the time. I would imagine that a a new radio for Josh's unit would be a drop in the bucket compared to the salary and perks that Obama enjoys. Please pray for Josh and all the young men who are leaving in a few short hours...pray for their safety, and that they are successful in whatever mission they have to do.

We are missing Aisha's graduation and reception today :( Gabe has a "croupy" cough, a runny nose and pukes when he gets to coughing (that is a joy!) and as if that is not enough the poor little guy has 4 teeth breaking through...Aisha I wish you nothing but the best, what an exciting new chapter you are about to begin! Congratulations and Best Wishes!

On a lighter note, more random insights...

You should not exfoliate your face directly after 2 hours of sun...

A "cooling" shower is best done gradually...I actually did this one RIGHT today :)
After showering with warm water, I gradually cooled the water and allowed my body to adjust to the cooler temp and then gradually got cooler until I felt "cooled off" and invigorated...

Thats it for now...but I am quite sure there will be more oddity's to come...

Have a great Sunday family and friends!

No comments:

Post a Comment